I want to burn a dvd movie file that my friend made which has a menu. I also want to burn a game onto the dvd. Is it possible to burn them in such a way that when the dvd gets put into a dvd player, it plays the dvd, and when it gets put into a dvd drive (computer), it autostarts the game?
try Total Video2Dvd Author,
1. easy convert avi or other popular video formats(such as*.flv *,mpg *.xvid *.divx *.mp4 *.3gp *.mkv *.rm *.rmvb *.mov *.wmv *.ogm *.ts etc.) to dvd or ISO image file;
2. support *.srt, *.sub, *.ssa, *.ass, *.tex, *.idx subtitles;
3. support dvd menu with background music, beautiful dvd menu;
4. support photo slideshow to dvd, more than 300 kinds of effects;
5. support download youtube and other video share website video, than burn it to dvd;
6. easy to use, only a few clicks.
you can find this program at this:
Each content type you want to use (DVD Video and executable Windows software) has a different mechanism for automatically starting itself when you insert the disc.
First, you’ll need to acquire the DVD Video fileset from your friend. Put those files into a folder on your computer.
Second, create another folder on your computer with the game.
Third, you’ll need to create an "autorun.inf" file that will run the executable file for the game. The autorun.inf file will need to reside in the "root" (i.e. the base) of the DVD. Search online for the specifications to create an "autorun.inf" file, and, there are also many programs (many of which are likely free) that will make the process easier.
Next, I would use a program like ImgBurn (freeware) to "Build" your disc. This is where you add your files and the disc layout will need to look something like this:
Root (i.e. beginning) of disc
– VIDEO_TS (folder containing the DVD Video)
– "Your game files" (folder containing the game)
Burn the disc with a structure like that and you’ll accomplish the task you setup to. Good luck!